29 August 2007

Summer of Socks Prize!





I won not just one...but two skeins of yarn from a contest for the Summer of Socks KAL! It is extemely lovely stuff with a generous amount of yardage. Here are the specs:
Yardage: 560 (4oz.)
Fiber: 2 ply soft 100% Superwash Merino Wool
Yarn weight: Fingering (of course it came from a sock KAL lol)
I won it for an internet Scavenger Hunt. Funny thing is that the first time I put an entry for the contest I didn't do it exactly right. I thought I had read the rules but with working being the way it was I didn't read them correctly and I ended up having to re-do it. So I figured I was out at that point lol....but guess what? I wasn't! lol
I have no chance at all of winning any of the other prizes because I have not been able to keep up with the sock knitting at all this summer...again due to work. Can you believe that Cookie from "Shut up and Knit!" has made 27 pairs so far? Wow! Right now she is in the lead for the Most Socks Contest but Jeannie from "Sewing, Knitting and Beyond" is close with 23. Wow.

1 comment:

Cindy/Snid said...

Wow! Very nice yarn and perfect bright colors for you!! I never was able to get into the socks thing this summer, being too distracted by other things going on around here and mystery lace things and such. I am missing having socks going strong though... must cast on!